One of the reasons I love Crete is because it is a LOT hotter than England. But a big downside of this is: Hot country = more sweat = the need to drink a LOT more water every day or get dehydrated. This can cause tiredness, headaches, joint pain, low back pain, neck pain, foggy thinking and constipation.
Unfortunately the taste of tap water is not always great. And I HATE adding to the plastic bottle mountain by buying mineral water. So in order to provide great tasting water for my guests at the Writer’s Retreat I decided to get a Waterfall. (No, I don’t live next to a river – I bought a Nikken PiMag® Waterfall Gravity Water System).
The Waterfall doesn’t just filter the water through carbon like my old, everyday filter jug. It takes tap water and creates a fresh, spring-like water, by using a clever multi-stage process. First by cleaning the water and then mineralising, alkalising, ionising, oxygenating and energising the water.
The result is water that is pure, tastes lighter and is easier and more pleasant to drink. No more need to boil and refrigerate tap water or to buy mineral water. No more lugging heavy bottles home from the shops. Sounds good to me!
Read on to discover 14 good reasons why Nikken water should be your drinking water of choice:
- Nikken Pimag® water is particularly efficient at hydrating you, 75% of us are typically dehydrated.
- Nikken Pimag® water is energised, structured and conditioned by a unique filtering and magnetic system.
- The Nikken Pimag® water may help activate your thirst mechanism, which is normally suppressed or misinterpreted (often as hunger). The more Nikken Pimag® water you drink the more you want! This further helps to rehydrate you quickly. Try it!
- This encouragement to drink more and more water will not only rehydrate you, it will fill you up and satisfy your “hunger” thus being very useful as part of a weight management
- The water is alkaline with a PH of approx. 8-9 (most bottled water is acidic – less than ph7, and most tap water is PH neutral, around ph7). Alkaline water may help contribute towards better body balance by counteracting the increased acidity of our modern diet.
- The all-in-one multi-stage filter helps remove contaminates typically present in tap water – these include heavy metals, pesticides, and chlorine.
- Most alternative filtration systems take out the good minerals as well as the bad leaving pure, clean, but “dead” water. The Nikken system adds back essential minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese and sodium.
- The PiMag® Waterfall is environmentally responsible. It is manufactured using recyclable biodegradable materials, including a polymer that contains no bisphenols or phthalates and does not leach chemicals into water.
- The Nikken Pimag® Waterfall system is a countertop model – no plumbing is required and the system is quick and easy to use straight out of the box, with a small work surface footprint. It is therefore, also relatively portable and can be moved around the kitchen, house or office, or even taken on holiday.
- The Nikken Pimag® Waterfall is a gravity fed system with good flow rates. The system’s 5-litre tank will refill in a matter of minutes.
- The system has very good filter replacement rates – the filter will last for 900 litres (for a family of 4 using the system for all their drinking and cooking needs this will usually translate to about 3 months).
- The Nikken PiMag® water systems use BPA-free non-leaching biodegradable plastics.
- Nikken Pimag® water can also be obtained from any tap when you are out and about via the Nikken Pimag® Water Bottle – excellent for travel, reducing the need to buy bottled water which creates waste.
- And last and by all means not least the water tastes great!